I got all the books I had previously listed on the site up and linked with my All Consuming site. I’ll randomly add the other books I have sitting on the shelf, but for now I am pleased with the listing. I got all the previous listed blogs linked via blogroller. I added a hit counter that isn’t obscene, but so I can at least see who else other then myself reads my blog…
So as I stand up to cheer and marvel at my coding skills I notice some off pixels when viewing from Safari on OSX…son of a bitch!!
Well tonight I plan on fixing that little tidbit of code and adding a new “category” of posts. What pray tell might I be conjuring up now? Well I have:
- Recycled Music
- Concert Reviews
- Random entries
Now I want to add “Book Reports”. As if writing them in school, or should I say plagiarizing them in school wasn’t enough. I figure I read like a mofo [mother f**ker], why not post some reviews eh? (no I am not from Canada).
So off to report land I go!
And I have success
So I blew up the blog one more time in the middle of everything…thankfully I made a copy of the updated changes. :)
Well now I just have to finish adding my books to All Consuming and I am all set! The idea here is that I will no longer have to manually add and move books, I can host that content outside the site. Further, I have a blogroller now I can add and remove links without worrying about botching my layout.
I might be turning into a CSS whore…I /had/ to make a few changes and rather then use tables…I just made a billion little boxes to get what I wanted. Ahhh the power of code!
And so it begins
I added a few links, changed some things around, fixed some code errors, tried to add some features…and I broke it. :(
Somehow in the updating of a post, blogger decided to fubar my template. The good news is that my CSS style I cranked on for days I still have, and I have a backup. However, all the changes I made last night…I have to do all over again!
Yeay, the beauty of the net and free hosting sites.
Good content to come…