Skip to content

Sick and tired



Of being sick and tired

So if being hung-over like I never have before wasn’t enough of a bad sign to start the year off…how about getting the worst cold/flu that I have ever had? Oh did I mention that previous to that I had a nice little bought of insomnia to finish the year off? Damn I feel like a mess.

A few days before NYE I started having trouble sleeping at night. Thursday night was the worst, I got 4 hours of sleep in two 2 hour sessions. Friday was NYE and I took it easy during the day and partied like a rockstar with my roommate and friends…ala Pimp ‘n Ho theme party. After 5 drinks or so and 4 shots of tequila I was toast. Thankfully we stopped for grub on the way home or I would have been a lot worse off then I was, and I don’t even want to think about how worse that would have been.

I woke up around 10am NYD still feeling a buzz, but no hangover…yet. Then it was time to start screaming out random dinosaur names. If you don’t know what this is, think about screaming from the bottom of your stomach “Brontosaurus!”. Yes, it was pt [puke time]. For the next six hours (yes I said SIX) I wasn’t quite like a Swiss watch, but about every 30 to 45 minutes I crawled to the bathroom for another verbal assault on the Mesozic Era. I finally had the strength to try soup around 9 pm…I woke up around 11 am feeling just fine.

On my way home from work Tuesday I was a wreck; I was cold and shaking non stop. I got home and changed into some warmer clothes and jumped under my trusty polartec fleece blanket to get warm. Eventually I felt better, then I felt very weak…hot…sweaty. I felt like I had no energy and my body wanted to wave a white flag; I went into survival mode. I know, a little dramatic but something told me that this was not right. So I pulled out my camping gear, got the first aid kit and took my temp 102. I took some Motrin to reduce the fever, drank a lot of liquids, took a shower and went to bed.

I woke up soaked and felt just fine; go figure. I went through about the same routine just without the massive fever the next night…with one exception: I couldn’t sleep.

I woke up around 2 am for no reason. I ended up reading a little bit and the I got online and specked out 5 different configurations of a Mini Cooper. Colors, ultra sports package, no package, financing vs. lease…the list goes on. Eventually I got tired of looking at the computer and put it away. I still couldn’t stop thinking about things I wanted to take care of today…bills, tasks at work, unanswered emails…books…eventually in the mess that was my mind I fell asleep.

What a rollercoaster of a few days 2005 is turning out to be.

“It is better to sleep on things beforehand than lie awake about them afterward.”

– Baltasar Gracian

No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: