Year in review
1) Was 2006 a good year for you?
It was a struggle at the end, but a good year for sure.
2) What was your favorite moment of the year?
Getting my camera!
3) What was your least favorite moment of the year?
Eh, there a too many to count…ick.
4) Where were you when 2006 began?
5) Who were you with?
A close friend.
6) Where will you be when 2006 ends?
I was at home, watching the World Series of Poker…and eating chips-n-salsa!
7) Who will you be with when 2006 ends?
8) Did you keep your new years resolution of 2006?
I think I did actually…surprise surprise! (Keep up my reading, never stop making new friends and most of all keep up the work in school.)
9) Do you have a new years resolution for 2007?
Keep up the good work in school, keep reading, move forward on the book I’m writing.
10) Did u fall in love in 2006?
Nope…eh, maybe…but no.
11) Do you regret it?
12) Did you breakup with anyone in 2006?
Actually my answer is the same as last year: “Not really, but yes. That’s pretty straight forward.”
13) Did you make any new friends in 2006?
Lots and lots!
14) Who are your favorite new friends?
I donno, I love them all! :)
15) What was your favorite month of 2006?
I donno. I’ll pick March, when I got my camera and May when I got my new car.
16) Did you travel outside of the US in 2006?
I went to Canada with my parents and I was in Mexico at the start of the year.
17) How many different states did you travel to in 2006?
Washington, Colorado and Florida for layovers…
18) Did you lose anybody close to you in 2006?
In a round about way, yes.
19) Did you miss anybody in the past year?
I thought about a few people often.
20) What was your favorite movie that you saw in 2006?
V for Vendetta!
21) What was your favorite song from 2006?
Again, this might be impossible for me to answer…I’ll say “Save your scissors” by City and Color.
22) What was your favorite record from 2006?
I think I have to go with Lazy Sunday’s Words & Sounds because I love that album and I have listened to it more than any other I own…and because I shot the photos for it! ;)
23) How many concerts did you see in 2006?
Maybe 25? 30?
24) Did you have a favorite concert in 2006?
KT Tunstal at the start of her US Tour.
25) Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2006?
Not at all.
26) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2006?
None…and that’s how it will always be.
27) Do you regret anything you’ve done this year (2006)?
Not really, but that’s up for debate.
28) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year (2006)?
Ashamed? Not at all.
29) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2006?
I’m not sure someone told me a lie…that might be a good thing.
30) Did you treat somebody badly in 2006?
In their eyes…and in mine, I think so.
31) Did anyone treat you badly in 2006?
32) How much money did you spend in 2006?
$21,009,234.16 give or take a few pennies. (increase of $13 million)
33) What was your proudest moment of 2006?
Not backing down to University politics, admissions and red tape…to end up getting a written and verbal apology along with all the paperwork I needed processed.
34) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2006?
Nothing comes to mind…but I am sure I was embarrassed 100 times!
35) If you could go back in time to any moment of 2006 and change something, what would it be?
Negotiating some money matters.
36) What are your plans for 2007?
Keep the grades up, keep shooting photos, keep making friends…and keep my chin up.
Just a quick update to say I am alive and well. Instead of posting, I have been focusing on a redesign of my blog since I got to switch over from Blogger to Blogger Beta (even though it’s not in Beta anymore). I am far along, but I have further to go…and now that classes have started back up I am getting pressed for time. There are a lot of features I am trying to implement that I wanted to use a long time ago, and those features are the reason I was about to leave Blogger and create my own site. With categories/labels and some advanced CSS (that’s geek speak), I can create a blog that hosts some of my photos as well as my daily antics. As some of you know I am fairly active on over 10 blog-type sites around the Internet so I have wanted a “one stop” place to showcase some of that. With coy-n-paste I was able to pass some of that around to each site, but it was more of a struggle on my end and kept me from being as active on all the sites.
Hopefully the new design I am working on will help cover the middle ground…or at least it will look pretty. :)
I appreciate the emails and comments, I haven’t walked away or burned out -I just want to turn this into the project I wanted a year ago. In the mean time, if you would like a little chuckle you can see my current photography project attempt…365 Days.
One self-portrait a day for 365 days. While not updated daily, I am making a strong attempt to get one shot a day (or one shot per “awake day”). The entire series can be viewed on my Flickr page.
I’ll probably do a twist on “a day in the life” at some point this year to bring many of you voyeuristic folks into the life of an average person that juggles their day much like many of you. ;)
I will have much to talk about in 2007 that won’t be disappointing. I promise! :)
Hopefully I’ll have the new site up and running before the month is over. Take care, we’ll talk soon.